Leaf Communications offers turnkey operations in wireless telecommunication implementation, integration, voice/data technologies, as well as, consulting and engineering services for your building, campus, stadium, high-rises, MDU, and other enterprise needs. When we hire you at Leaf, we hire for character and train skill. This position is a great fit for someone looking to jump start their career.
Description: Leaf Communications is looking to add a self-motivated A&E Drafter with exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills to our team. The right candidate for this position will possess and demonstrate a desire to work efficiently and independently, be detail-oriented, and be prepared to change with new technology and innovations as they are developed. The person will receive supervision from management as well as technical guidance and mentoring from the more experienced technical staff. As a Drafter II, you will support the department by drafting back to back projects. Your work is the foundation of everything we do.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Draft drawings as quickly and accurately as possible for A&E.
- Incorporate standards, rules and guidelines into the drawings.
- Prepare/set up initial scope in drawings. (Your work is the foundation of everything we do)
- Data gathering and input.
- Be able to go on site walks. (See Field Tech job description)
- Prepare zoning and construction drawings in AutoCAD as quickly and accurately as possible with minimal supervision.
- Use different programs required per scope at a moderate level.
- Be able to multitask between different scopes needed per department.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Project Lead. (ex. Deadline, concerns, etc.). Be able to comprehend and converse about specific project details.
- Meets scheduled dates supplied by Project Lead or Project Manager.
- Perform office duties such as printing, stapling, rolling plans, changing the rolls on the plotter, etc.
- Process redline sets and plan check comments with minimal help / supervision.
- Create comprehensive details for detail library.
- Translate field notes/sketches based on site walks to CAD.
- Interpret plans, elevations, and details with minimal direction.
- Be able to use other additional software pertinent to team within department at moderate level.
- Assist the PL with daily tasks (update tracker, redlines, QC checks, CD Completion, etc.)
- Guide and direct Drafter I.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Good work ethic.
- Required: At least 1-year telecommunications experience to successfully perform this job. One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of plans, elevations, and details.
- Good knowledge of computer basics.
- CAD Certificate.
- Intermediate level proficiency in using AutoCAD, Office 2016 (Outlook, Excel, Work, etc.) and Adobe PDF
- Be able to use other additional software pertinent to team within department at intermediate level.
- Able to work under pressure and be detail oriented.
- Right attitude with adherence to Leaf’s core values (relationships, innovation, responsibility, communication).
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Highly motivated and results/detail oriented.
Supervision Received: This position will report directly to the Project Lead & Project Manager.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: Body demands includes sitting for long periods of time and finger dexterity. Must be able to hear sufficiently to understand and comprehend one-on-one conversations.
Work Environment: This position will be working primarily indoors in a climate-controlled environment. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Life Insurance
- 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Fringe benefits
- Excellent company culture
Leaf Communications Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.