Leaf Communications is seeking a full time Construction Manager (CM) to assist in directing day to day construction operations for T-Mobile Overlay Project. The preferred candidate will be in the Los Angeles area.
As a Construction Manager, you will support the Senior CM in managing general contractors on behalf of various wireless carriers while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. The primary role of the CM will be to manage construction life cycle process from pre-construction, Material Submittal (BAT) construction oversight, punch walks, QA/QC reporting, and close out package management.
- Manage the close out package process with each general contractor upon construction completion.
- Must be familiar with T-Mobile L600, L700, U1900, Anchor materials and construction process.
- Assist the Senior CM with Prebid walks, PreCon walks, construction site walks, punch/QA/QC walks, and punch list/QA/QC corrections
- Monitor and ensure schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Review change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier’s interests
- Serve as an information resource by coordinating client’s work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list, logistics/material management and close-out
- Updating the carrier’s online project management tool(s)
- Review and maintain the carrier’s document depository system
- 2-4 years of directly related experience with Telcom / T-Mobile construction
- Experience constructing MACRO AND MACRO MOD projects for T-Mobile within the past 1-3 years.
- Telcom Construction Management and site construct ability experience preferred 2-4 years.
- Experience with T-Mobiles BAT / BOM /AIMS Tool
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Hands-on experience working with contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in a telecom setting a plus
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project
- Experience with construction project management software programs
- Full benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- A gracious paid holiday schedule