Telcom Construction Management experience and/or general construction experience preferred but not required. This position requires a schedule driven, organized, and detail oriented individual with excellent communication and follow up skills.
Leaf Communications is seeking a Construction Manager (CM) to assist in directing day to day construction operations for wireless carriers in the North LA region. The preferred candidate will be located in Thousand Oaks, San Louis Obispo, or Bakersfield areas with the ability to travel throughout the region daily.
As a Construction Manager, you will support the Senior CM in managing general contractors on behalf of various wireless carriers while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. The primary role of the CM will be to manage construction life cycle process from preconstruction bidding, construction oversite, punch walks, QA/QC reporting, and close out package management.
- Manage the close out package process with each general contractor upon construction completion
- Assist the Senior CM with Prebid walks, PreCon walks, construction site walks, punch/QA/QC walks, and punch list/QA/QC corrections
- Manage Field Teams conducting Macro and/or Small Cell deployments/installations and perform tasks such as bid walks, pre-construction, quality control and safety adherence
- Provide coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project
- Monitor and ensure schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the carrier documenting and taking action on items in the carrier’s interests
- Maintaining relationships and act as the carrier’s liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City’s permitting and inspection requirements
- Serve as an information resource by coordinating client’s work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list, logistics/material management and close-out
- Updating the carrier’s online project management tool(s)
- Review and maintain the carrier’s document depository system
- 1-3 years of directly related experience with Telcom construction
- Experience constructing Small Cell, MACRO, ODAS, In-Building, and/or MACRO MOD projects for various carriers and/or tower companies preferred.
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Hands-on experience working with contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in a telecom setting a plus
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project
- Experience with construction project management software programs