T-Mobile Telcom Construction or Construction Management experience required.
Job Type: Full-time, Southern California
As the TMO Senior Construction Management team leader, you will manage T-Mobile general contractors while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all MACRO and MACRO MOD project-related Telecom communications systems for the Sprint Retain Program. You will be responsible for managing other Construction Managers in the day-to-day operations of working with T-Mobile. The SCM-TL will be responsible for utilizing a hands-on approach towards working with T-Mobile and be responsible for updating all T-Mobile departments of progress as well as keeping Leaf Communication’s tracking systems up to date. This person has firsthand experience within the last three years of working directly with T-Mobile and having hands-on experience using and updating T-Mobile’s systems and management team utilizing T-Mobile’s various information portals (Magenta, Tellworks, PAG App, AIMS,, and AIMS Plus) as well as managing projects within the TMO construction process framework.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Leaf VP of Construction Management
- Review construction drawings and work closely with the carrier construction engineers, general contractors, and project team to complete projects on time and within budget
- Lead Construction management team in performing tasks such as bid walks, pre-construction, quality control, close out package review, punch walks, and safety adherence
- Coordinate and input, as needed, with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project
- Monitor and ensure schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Review change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier’s interests
- Oversee creation of NTP packages and NTP approvals by TMO management and department
- Work with the Material Managers to create BOMs for each project
- Manage the COP review process with Leaf Project Coordinators
- Maintain relationships and act as the carrier’s liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City’s permitting and inspection requirements
- Serve as an information resource by coordinating client’s work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, coordinating project punch list, logistics/material management and close-out
- Oversee the daily update of the carrier’s online project management tool
Construction Manager Job Requirements:
- 5 years of directly related leadership experience with construction background, Telecom or general contractor experience, preferred
- Experience constructing MACRO AND MACRO MOD projects for T-Mobile with the past three years
- Strong technical knowledge of various T-Mobile’s construction standards
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous site management experience as well as experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in an industrial telecom setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project
Do you enjoy being outdoors, doing hands-on work, and being out in the field at new sites each day? This is an opportunity to start a career in a growing industry deemed ‘essential’ without a significant implication of shutdowns. This position is entry-level with no experience required. We hire for character and train for skills. We offer on-the-job training that will set you up for a career with longevity.
We are looking for candidates that are eager to learn, self-starters, and have a positive attitude.
Company Overview: We are Leaf communications, a turn-key wireless infrastructure company specializing in access to cellular and public safety signals, Technology Engineering for new site builds, Small Cell Construction, AHJ needs, Construction Management and complete end-to-end wireless deployments.
We are a team, we lean on each other in times of adversity and celebrate the wins together. It’s important to us to reward accomplishments and help our team grow their skills for a rewarding career in an industry in high demand. We listen to our employees and focus on what’s most important to them so that we can all focus on our mission-Making Leaf Communications the most trusted, innovative, and leading brand in the industry.
-Able to work at tall heights and lift 50+ pounds
-Valid driver’s license
-Install, maintain, and repair cable infrastructure
-Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system is working correctly-
-Work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
-Keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards.
-Operate vehicles, hand tools, power tools, ladders, leakage detection devices, and test equipment.
-40 hours a week
-Full benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
-A gracious Paid holiday schedule
-On the Job Training
Do you have 1-2 years experience in RF data collection? We are looking for a motivated individual to join our growing team.
- Travel to pre and post construction sites for RF data collection.
- Compile data and post process into reports.
- Create projects/walls in iBwave.
- Computer knowledge and experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to think outside the box and react to a quickly changing environment.
- Field experience, RF knowledge, Cellular knowledge.
- Experience with spectrum analyzers and signal generators.
- iBwave/Pctell/Anritsu experience.
- Training available.
- Full benefits – Health, Dental and Vision
- A gracious paid holiday schedule
- On the job training for a career with growth potential
Are you detail-oriented, enjoy road-tripping to different places around the country, and views from rooftops? Leaf Communications if looking for a Field Technician to join our growing team. This position’s primary responsibilities will be to check on sites, take photos, and ensure accurate measurements.
We are a growing telecommunications company based out of Southern California specializing in designing, engineering, installing, and managing the builds of communications infrastructure and cell towers.
There is no degree required for this position, just a great attitude. We will teach you the skills to be successful in this position and in the industry.
- Travel to sites all over Southern California for ‘site walks’
- Take detailed photos on each site
- Site sketches – Confirming site matches the plans
- Take measurements of at each site and ensure accuracy with plans
- Flexibility in schedule – everyday is different, weather permits, some days are long
- Travel is required, sometimes weeks at a time
- Climbing ladder’s
- Computer skills
- Full benefits
- Gracious paid holiday schedule
- On the job training and opportunity for advancement