Telcom Construction Management experience required.
Leaf Communications is seeking an experienced Materials Manager to manage the Bill of Material ordering and shipping process cell phone carriers in Southern California.
As the TMO Materials Manager, you will manage the material procurement process and returned material process for T-Mobile in the Southern California market. The Material Manager will be responsible for overseeing the material ordering/material return process through the bidding, construction, quality control and testing, and the close out phases of all the affected communication equipment upgrades associated with the project being managed.
Material Manager Responsibilities:
- Order the Bill of Materials (BOMs) for cell tower sites targeted for modification and upgrades.
- Mange material deliveries by informing GCs when materials are ready to be received
- Track material shipments throughout the procurement process, so contractors can accurately schedule construction start times and days
- Handle additional supplemental orders for each site as required
- Place orders for damaged equipment
- Create the BOMs from scratch based on reviewing the following documents:
- Construction Drawings
- Radio Frequency Data Sheets (RFDS)
- Preconstruction walk reports from Leaf CMs and General Contractor CMs
- Handle all material related inquires by T-Mobile employees and general contractors
- Use T-Mobile’s various ordering programs to ensure timely ordering of material needed for successful construction modification completion
- Request and manage any changes needed to the RFDS or construction start date in order to ensure an accurate BOM is ordered
Material Manager Requirements:
- 1-3 years of TELECOM material ordering experience
- Candidate will have experience creating Bills of Material for the Telecom industry
- Experience installing telecom equipment a plus
- Experience with reading and interpreting drawings and RFS sheets form carriers a plus