A&E Drafter I
Leaf Communications offers turnkey operations in wireless telecommunication implementation, integration, voice/data technologies, as well as, consulting and engineering services for your building, campus, stadium, high-rises, MDU, and other enterprise needs. When we hire you at Leaf, we hire for character and train skill. This position is a great fit for someone looking to jump start their career.
Description: Leaf Communications is looking to add a self-motivated A&E Drafter with exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills to join our team. The right candidate for this position will possess and demonstrate a desire to work efficiently and independently, be detail-oriented, and be prepared to change with new technology and innovations as they are developed. The person will receive supervision from management as well as technical guidance and mentoring from the more experienced technical staff. As a Drafter I, you will support the department by drafting back to back projects. Don’t shy away if you have little experience. If you are eager to learn, we are happy to mentor.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Draft drawings as quickly and accurately as possible for A&E.
- Prepare/set up initial scope in drawings. (Your work is the foundation of everything we do)
- Data gathering and input.
- Be able to go on site walks. (See Field Tech job description)
- Prepare zoning and construction drawings in AutoCAD as quickly and accurately as possible with supervision.
- Use different programs required per scope at a basic level.
- Communicate with the Project Lead. (ex. Deadline, concerns, etc.)
- Perform office duties such as printing, stapling, rolling plans, changing the rolls on the plotter, etc.
- Process redline sets and plan check comments with help / supervision.
- Begin to create basic details for detail library.
- Translate field notes/sketches based on site walks to CAD.
- May be asked to go on site walks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Good work ethic, time management, and overall reliability.
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of plans, elevations, and details.
- Good knowledge of computer basics.
- Basic level proficiency in using AutoCAD, Office 2016 (Outlook, Excel, Work, etc.) and Adobe PDF
- Be able to use other additional software pertinent to team within department at basic level.
- Right attitude with adherence to Leaf’s core values (relationships, innovation, responsibility, communication).
- At least 1 year of telecommunications experience of training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAD Certificate.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Highly motivated and results/detail oriented.
Supervision Received: This position will report directly to the Project Lead & Project Manager.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Communication Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: Body demands includes sitting for long periods of time and finger dexterity. Must be able to hear sufficiently to understand and comprehend one-on-one conversations.
Work Environment: This position will be working primarily indoors in a climate-controlled environment. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Life Insurance
- 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Fringe benefits
- Excellent company culture
Leaf Communications Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.