As a Construction Manager, you will support the Senior CM in managing general contractors on behalf of various wireless carriers while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. The primary role of the CM will be to manage the close out package process upon completion of construction activities. In addition, the CM will assist the Sr CM with construction oversite, punch walks, and QA/QC reporting.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the close out package process with each general contractor upon construction completion
- Assist the Senior CM on Prebid walks, PreCon walks, construction site walks, and punch/QA/QC walks, punch list/QA/QC corrections
- Manage Field Teams conducting Macro and/or Small Cell deployments/installations and perform tasks such as bid walks, pre-construction, quality control and safety adherence
- Provide coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project
- Monitor and ensure schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the carrier documenting and taking action on items in the carrier’s interests
- Maintaining relationships and act as the carrier’s liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City’s permitting and inspection requirements
- Serve as an information resource by coordinating client’s work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list, logistics/material management and close-out
- Updating the carrier’s online project management tool(s)
- Review and maintain the carrier’s document depository system
Construction Manager Requirements:
- 1-3 years of directly related experience with construction background, Telcom or general contractor experience, preferred
- Experience constructing Small Cell, MACRO, ODAS, In-Building, and/or MACRO MOD projects for various carriers and/or tower companies.
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience working with contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in a telecom setting a plus
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project
Telcom Construction Management experience and/or general construction experience preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time