Leaf Communications offers turnkey operations in wireless telecommunication implementation, integration, voice/data technologies, as well as consulting and engineering services for building, campus, stadium, high-rises, MDU, and other enterprise needs. When we hire you, we hire for character and train on the job for skill.
Description: We are looking to add a self-motivated Permit Coordinator with exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills to our team. The right candidate for this position will possess and demonstrate a desire to work efficiently and independently, be detail-oriented, and be prepared to change with new technology and innovations as they are developed. You will receive supervision from management as well as technical guidance and mentoring from the more experienced technical staff. As a Permit Coordinator, you will support the department by preparing permit submittal packages, as well as coordinating the efficient submittal, approval, and retrieval from local jurisdictions.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Leaf Communications Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide concise information on what codes are being used per each Jurisdiction.
- Provide concise information of requirement(s) being requested per each Jurisdiction.
- Communicate with; Planning, Building and Fire Departments and inquire about; drawing plan review and permit status.
- Support the Project Managers by tracking project activities and communications to ensure project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame.
- Document and track project deliverables by interfacing with project staff to ensure timely data entry for real time status reporting.
- Work closely with the Project Lead, Project Coordinator and Project Managers to ensure project progresses on schedule.
- Establish and maintain a filing system that will keep all jurisdictional documentation up to date and organized.
- Other duties may be assigned on as needed basis.
- Good work ethic, time management, excellent organizational skills, and overall reliability.
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of computer basics.
- Advanced level proficiency in using Office 2016 (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and Adobe PDF
- Right attitude with adherence to Leaf’s core values (relationships, innovation, responsibility, communication).
- Basic knowledge of plans, elevations, and details.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as client specifications and requirements, procedure manuals, and reports.
Supervision Received: This position will report directly to the Project Lead & Project Managers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: Body demands includes sitting for long periods of time and finger dexterity. Must be able to hear sufficiently to understand and comprehend one-on-one conversations.
Work Environment: This position will be working primarily indoors in a climate-controlled environment. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Training: Training will be provided via one-on-one, virtual, or group.
- Life Insurance
- 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Fringe Benefits
- Excellent Company Culture