Telcom Construction Management experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
Leaf Communications is seeking an experienced Senior Construction Manager to direct day-to-day construction operations for a top three wireless carrier in the Kansas-Missouri region, working out of Kansas City.
As a Senior Construction Manager, you will manage general contractors on behalf of the wireless carrier while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. The Sr CM will be responsible for overseeing the project through bidding, construction, quality control and testing, and the close out process of all the affected communication networks associated with the project being managed.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Review construction drawings and work closely with the carrier construction engineers, general contractors, and project team to complete projects on time and within budget
- Directly manage Field Teams conducting Macro and/or Small Cell deployments/installations and performs tasks such as bid walks, pre-construction, quality control and safety adherence
- Providing coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project
- Monitoring and ensuring schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Reviewing change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier’s interests
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the carrier documenting and taking action on items in the carrier’s interests
- Maintaining relationships and acting as the carrier’s liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City’s permitting and inspection requirements
- Serving as an information resource by coordinating client’s work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list, logistics/material management and close-out
- Updating the carrier’s online project management tool
- Reviewing and maintaining the carrier’s document depository systems
Construction Manager Requirements:
- 3-5 years of directly related leadership experience with a Telcom construction background
- Experience managing construction for MACRO and MACRO MOD projects a carrier(s) and/or tower companies
- Strong technical knowledge of various Telcom construction standards
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous site management experience as well as experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in an industrial telecom setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project