Telcom Construction Management experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
As a Senior Construction Manager, you will manage general contractors on behalf of the wireless carriers while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. The SCM will be responsible for overseeing the project through bidding, construction, quality control, testing, and close out process of all the affected communication networks associated with the project being managed.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Review construction drawings and work closely with the carrier construction engineers, general contractors, and project team to complete projects on time and within budget
- Directly manage Field Teams conducting Small Cell deployments/installations and performs tasks such as bid walks, pre-construction, quality control and safety adherence
- Coordinate and input, as needed, with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project
- Monitor and ensure schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Review change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and other contract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier’s interests
- Attend local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the carrier; documenting and taking action on items in the carrier’s interests
- Maintain relationships and act as the carrier’s liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City’s permitting and inspection requirements
- Serve as an information resource by coordinating client’s work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, coordinating project punch list, logistics/material management and close-out
- Update the carrier’s online project management tool
- Review and maintain the carrier’s document depository system
Construction Manager Job Requirements:
- 5 years of directly related leadership experience with construction background, Telecom or general contractor experience, preferred
- Experience constructing Small Cell projects for various carriers and/or tower companies.
- Strong technical knowledge of various Telecom carrier’s construction standards
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous site management experience as well as experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in an industrial telecom setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project